Rush

ASDG PA-18 Super Cub series

Welcome to our first aircraft! The mighty Super Cub!

Here are some initial very pre-alpha screen shots of the aircraft in Xplane. Also below is a description of what we want the aircraft to be and features the aircraft will release with! Yes it will be XP11 ready at no upgrade cost.

We wanted an aircraft that would really give the feeling of stick and rudder. Where you feel connected to the aircraft and not just wobbling a joystick around at home. The aircraft will be released with two cockpits; one original bare bones. With very basic VFR instruments, and no glass or screens obstructing the view. The idea of this cockpit is a plane you can jump in, fly and just enjoy the scenery around you. 

Here are some of the photos of the build as it has come along!

Engine.jpg

Instrument.jpg

Side2.jpg

SideWide.jpg

Tail.jpg

Underside.jpg

UnderSideC.jpg

Some fresh screenshots of both Aerosim releases 

the Super Cub and Saint Maarten

7z7SHEZ.jpg

1q1wAna.jpg

MkC0Z5J.jpg

mCnCtgF.jpg

Why an ADF? Those are becoming obsolete and X-Pmabe is about the only place to find a reliable ADF. Cause they aren't reliable in the RW anymore lol. 

Plenty of reasons!

Well for one I amAustralian, and our primary navigation aids in Australia are still NDB's.  That is also the case in many countries around the world.  The USA, Canada etc all have modern ground based navigation aids (except maybe Alaska and far northern Canada.  Being a bush plane, everyone on the team deemed it necessary to have navigation equipment that is suitable for flying in far off places.  Not just flying around the LAX Basin, so we want the aircraft to be usable in any country with any form of ground based navigation. In some county's literally the only way to get into a field in IMC is a NDB approach.

Thats basically it!  We want the Super Cub to be used anywhere and all over the world!

Sounds like a great reason to me. I did not realize that NDBs were kept running in other countries. Thanks for the explanation and can't wait for release date! :)

Hello @  all.  Love your work. Release date? Is It possible to buy it now or earlier? Doesn,t matter if it,s not ready or with some bugs.  Can,t wait.

Greetings 

Hows this project coming along, any estimate of a release date at this time? I am very excited for this- since moving to XPlane, I've really been missing the A2A Cub. Looks like this is going to fill the void quite nicely!

The plane is coming along nicely, there are still some stuff in development which are holding the release back but Im guessing release is close 

FcD8flN.jpg